Feeling trapped in overdrive – on edge, irritable, ready to snap?
Experiencing poor concentration or confusion, or feeling easily overwhelmed?
Suffering from trauma related scars, nightmares, or flashback:
Avoiding situations or reminders of the traumatic event?
You should know you are not alone.
Millions of Americans suffer from the devastating after effects of adverse experience in the past.
Trauma can alter how the brain functions, and its signs and symptoms can vary from finding it difficult to trust and being constantly on guard, to sudden panic and intrusive, anxiety-ridden thoughts and dissociation. Trauma, without question, can significantly lessen your quality of life.
And while the signs and symptoms can feel complex and at times overwhelming, feeling better is more than possible. In fact, with trauma-informed care, you will more than likely to begin feeling better.
So if these sound like you…
– I struggle with anxiety or depression
– I relive traumatic events with accompanying unwanted memories, vivid images, and physical signs like sweating, palpitations, and panic attacks
– I am hyper vigilant or easily frightened
– I feel edgy or irritable often
– I feel like the joy, love, and other positive emotions have been sucked from my life
– I’d like professional help to better understand and cope with previous trauma
– I want to live an easier, happier, more connected life
…Then trauma therapy may offer the ideal therapeutic approach for you.
Trauma therapy combines different approaches and techniques to help lessen, even eliminate, the painful mental and physical responses raised by the memory of traumatic events, and seeks to create new healthier patterns in your brain.
In trauma therapy, you and I work together toward lessening, even extinguishing, the pain. It’s our goal to identify the source and triggers for your emotional and physical suffering, to discuss ways to deal with unhelpful and unhealthy thoughts and behaviors, and to explore fitness of strategies to manage distress and facilitate moving forward. Please contact me today if you are ready now for your journey.